1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. Moonrise Kingdom
5. The Master
1. Channel Orange - Frank Ocean
2. Lonerism - Tame Impala
3. Swing Lo Magellan - The Dirty Projectors
4. Shields - Grizzly Bear
5. Gossamer - Passion Pit
2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
5. The Unfinished Swan
Books (There isn't really a big literary scene that everyone keeps up with so here are the five best books I read this year)
1. A Sense of an Ending - Julian Barnes
2. Gravity's Rainbow - Thomas Pynchon
3. Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut
4. Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
5. The Name of the Rose - Umberto Eco
2. Centipede Hz -Animal Collective
3. The NRA
Crazy Predictions for 2013
1. The fiscal cliff will be averted with hours to spare. This is how endgames work, folks.
2. The 2012/2013 NHL season will be completely lost. The pregnancy and or suicide rate in Canada will either rise or decrease dramatically as a result.
3. The northeast will continue to be hit by strange weather, but no politician will utter the words "climate change."
4. The world continues to wait for Andre 3000's comeback.
5. Christopher Nolan announces he's attached to the next Bond film. Everyone gets excited until the trailer hits and Bond spends half of it reciting lines about what it's like to be a modern-day psychopath / what is real.