Monday, February 9, 2009

Epic Fail: The Grammys

As any follower of this blog knows I'm a huge fan of music. That's why I was so disgusted by the Grammys on Sunday night. Yes, there were some highlights (Radiohead, Paul Mcartney/Foo Fighters and word of a Blink 182 reunion.) but besides these few bright sparks the show failed. Here are my top 5 reasons why the Grammys are out of touch with good music and ultimatley failed.

1. The Jonas Brothers were nominated for an award.
2. The written speeches for the announcers were unfunny and just plain cheezy (ex: Dwayne "the rock" Johnson.)
3. Coldplay took home alot of awards. I'm not saying their bad, but they were far from having the best album of the year. That leads into point 4.
4. The best albums of the year weren't even nominated. My top three favorite albums of they year Dear Science, By TV On The Radio, Fleet Foxes by Fleet Foxes, and Welcome To Mali by Amadou & Mariam weren't even nominated. This just proves how out of touch the Grammys are with the best music out there, and how year after year they side with the commercial hits because it will bring in higher ratings.
5. The performences were terrible except for Radiohead (one of the best bands ever) and Paul Mcartney (one of my idols).

All I can say is next year the Grammys better reedem themselves, or they are going to lose another viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment