Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mary Dolphin?


Occasionally, there are those news stories which just seem to make your day. This is one of them.


When Dick Van Dyke woke up after drifting off on his board during a surfing trip years ago, he quickly realized he was stranded in the middle of the ocean with no idea how to get home, according to reports.

"I woke up out of sight of land," the 84-year-old actor recalled according to a report in the U.K.'s Guardian newspaper. "I started paddling with the swells and I started seeing fins swimming around me and I thought 'I'm dead!' "

Thankfully for Van Dyke, the circling fins didn't belong to creatures with sinister – or hungry – motives.

"They turned out to be porpoises," the actor, 84, said. "And they pushed me all the way to shore."

For any doubters, Van Dyke stresses, "I'm not kidding."

Source: People.com

No comments:

Post a Comment